We fill customer owned bottles on the spot in store, for use with home brewing systems, and home aquarium systems.
Refill Pricing (These are our most common fill weights, please contact us for an exact price if your bottle is a different weight)
Your bottle must fit within these guidelines for us to be able to fill it;
- Must be within 10 year test date stamped on the bottle, on the day you want it filled. Generally the test stamp is represented as a small cylinder shape with a testing station number inside it, a two digit month above it with a two digit year below, all stamped on the bottle somewhere near the neck. If the current date is within ten years of the date on the bottle, it may legally be refilled. It is an offence for us to fill a CO2 bottle that is not within test date. If your bottle requires re-testing, we recommend a local business called Fire Systems Services that performs testing and certification for pressure vessels. They may be contacted on (08) 8445 6300.
- Must be a privately owned bottle.
- Must be in good condition.
- Must be totally empty. Please check that your bottle is completely empty before presenting it to be filled.
- Must present a standard 1/2 inch male thread for the fill connector to attach to. If you have purchased the bottle from us it will be a standard fitting, if you have purchased it in Australia, it is most likely to have the standard fitting. Imported bottles can be a non-standard thread that we are unable to fill, for example purchased from the US / Europe / Asia via Ebay).
We will not fill any of the following;
- Bottles owned by BOC, Air Liquide, Supagas or Sodastream.
- Fire Extinguisher bottles (excludes those that have been properly converted and re-tested by licenced test station.)
- Bottles showing any signs of corrosion, deformation, damage to the bottle or valve of any kind, or any leaking.
- Bottles that are partially full.
- Bottles that are not specifically intended for CO2.
- Bottles that are from overseas and are DOT standard (or otherwise), but have not been marked with an Australian Standards number or as having been otherwise properly tested/approved for use in Australia.
If you are unsure if we can fill your bottle, please call us on (08) 7230 0258.